Friday, July 3, 2009

Photos from a New York Wedding

When I started this blog, I intended to post more images than I have been. So, for the July 4th weekend, I've decided to put up some photos I took at a wedding in Upstate New York.(You can see more photos from this wedding at my other blog.)

When I do my "high-end" Candid ArtworksTM wedding photography package, I do extensive image processing in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, in which I apply various treatments to create images that stand out more than the sometimes "flat" images that come out of the camera. My wedding clients really seem to like this added processing...enough so that many are willing to pay the additional $1000+ to get it.

After doing the image processing for thousands of wedding photos, I've developed a number of presets (much like Photoshop Actions) that make the processing go faster. Also, having a library of presets makes it easier to find the best treatment for a particular image. If you haven't used Lightroom, you should know there's a "preview" feature wherein you can hover your mouse over your presets and see a preview of what the image will look like after applying the preset! This is both an incredible time-saver and helps to find the absolute best preset for the image.

Sometime soon, I plan to offer some of these presets for sale at my blog for a relatively nominal fee. So, keep a lookout for those...:-).











































































































No comments:

Post a Comment